BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reverie - Three (cont.)

I'm not sure if I should turn around to look at you. But it would be rude if I don't answer, you called me after all. But then again, I don't want you to see my flushed face. I don't know why but my cheeks heated up when I remembered the first time we saw each other at the airport. That moment seemed like a dream, one that I had always thought about in my head weeks before you scheduled your flight. The feeling back then was like the one that only happens in some creative minds, one that cannot be deemed real and I feel no realness at this moment. I'll be sad but relieved when I wake up and finally realize that this is just another figment of my imagination.

Nikki?

Your inquiring voice stopped me short. Geezus. This whole thing brings me too much paranoia. If you hadn't flown all the way here, I'll just be resting at home with nothing in mind but my imaginations of you. Now that you're here, I'm stressed as hell, not knowing how I would please you.

I turned around to answer.

You asked me how long we'll walk because your feet are killing you. Not sure of where we are myself, I just looked ahead and assured you that we'll be there at the bus station soon. I apologized for making you go through such struggle but we both know that I can't take you home. My life ends after this, truth be told. I asked you if I could help you with anything. I looked at your heavy bags and figured maybe I could at least carry one not taking into consideration my luggage. Well, we're staying in a secluded beach for two weeks, it's justifiable.

I'm so relieved to see you smile after you said that you can still handle it. I breathed a puff of air before continuing to walk forward, wishing that the bus station isn't that far from here. I feel guilty. Like every weight on his shoulder is also causing so much distress on me. On top of the decision I made to turn my back against my family, just so I could be with him. It's a huge risk because I believe that this is just a short-term, I bravely tried and dipped in without thinking of the consequences. All because I love him.

0 comments: