BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

[/rant]

I wish I'd go home today but I couldn't. I'm stuck here because I'm unable to support myself. That means I can't complain, I'll have to follow what they want because if I don't...wait, if I don't, what? Maybe she'll stop paying for my college fees and giving me allowances. My graduation day is still a long wait, March 2012. I'm counting the days.


Everyone who knows me knew that I wanted so much to move by the beat of my own drum. But what can a 20 year old undergraduate do? The best job that I could get at this state is being a call center agent, and I'd have to stop school. I'd be working full time for less than fifteen thousand pesos a month.

Every time I would tell my friends that I hate living here in the Philippines, they'd give me a dirty look. I don't hate how I'm a Filipino, I just don't like how me and my future might mix up with the growing poverty here. Say, an average worker here works more than eight hours a day, and they don't even have enough money to provide for their family. Why's that? Because this country is so poor, the tax paid by people is corrupted, and the officials are selling the country's properties to foreigners. I hate how the Filipinos end up as workers to their foreign bosses at their own country. What happened to Filipino first?

If Filipinos are discriminated here, then I guess I'll just move to another country and work there earning my share a lot better compared to here. At least discrimination comes "natural" and will probably end once you've completely settled in.

Plus, journalists are killed here. I love my life. I don't care how people will say how unpatriotic I am. I'm selfish, and Ayn Rand said that selfishness is both moral and practical. I wouldn't choose to stay here and go down. You wouldn't understand.

I've thought of rallying, but watched in news that thousands of people already tried only to be beaten up. Did it make a difference? No.

All I want is to be independent, to have the government provide student loans, to work for my living expenses, I would've been able to do that if I was somewhere else. But this country just won't let me do it. No offense to hardcore patriots, I just want a better life.

1 comments:

onlyshowlove said...

Look into international programs through school. You may be able to go overseas to study and depending on your grades you get offers to graduate schools and you can eventually get your citizenship in another country.

I go to University of Toronto in well Toronto, Canada. There are a lot of international students there. Also, you can apply for the programs where overseas families take in an international student. And you live with them for the school year.